We are getting ready to have the Legion of Tech board member elections in February, and we wanted to give people plenty of time to get involved. Normally, we hold elections in December, but given our recent issues, we voted to postpone elections until the February board meeting, which is currently scheduled for February, 11, 2010. We hope to have 5 to 7 total board members in 2010.
Now is your opportunity to run for the Legion of Tech board. In order to get your name on the ballot, you must meet the specified criteria and follow the process outlined here:
- A nomination must be made by a current board member and be seconded by another current board member (talk to a current board member if you are interested).
- Nominations are due January 31st.
- In order to qualify for a nomination, nominees are required to have worked on the planning committee of at least one Legion of Tech event or have made a significant positive contribution as a volunteer on 2 or more LoT events.
Current board members serving the remainder of their 2 year term:
- Amy Farrell
- Chris Pitzer
Current board members who are up for reelection for a new 2 year term:
- Josh Bancroft (current interim chair)
- Adam DuVander (current treasurer)
- Dawn Foster (current secretary)
Current board members whose terms expire at the end of December and are not running for reelection:
- Raven Zachary
A huge thank you to Raven Zachary who had been invaluable in his role filling in as interim chair, but who is too busy running his new business, Small Society, to continue as a board member in 2010. Raven was one of the founding members of Legion of Tech, and he was a co-organizer for the first Ignite Portland and BarCampPortland before we even started Legion of Tech. He will be missed, but we wish him the best of luck with his booming new company!